There’s no doubt about it: the kitchen is by far the most important room in the home and its appearance greatly contributes to your home’s resale value. These days, new homes are more “kitchen-centric” than ever before. In fact, a new homebuilder’s survey shows that the average kitchen size has grown to a whopping 300 square feet —which is a record high!
With all of this riding on a single room, you may be thinking it’s time for a kitchen renovation! Here’s a look at some of today’s hottest trends:
- Smart kitchens: Today, you can have a kitchen with technology integrated into every function and appliance–from the faucets to the fridge to the lighting. For older kitchens, sensors, smart gadgets and other devices can be added.
- Dark is in, white is out: Expect to see islands and cabinets in a variety of different paint colors or wood stain colors; neutral nature shades of blue and green in addition to dark jewel tones: black, navy, emerald green and even plum.
- Mix-and-match lighting: With an increasing focus on lighting as a decorative element, mixing different styles and types has never been bigger in kitchens, and the trend lets you celebrate multiple aesthetics.
- Brass accents: Appearing in cabinet hardware, drawer pulls, faucets, and light fixtures, brass finishes on decorative elements add a touch of shine to your kitchen's design. And no matter the finish—satin, unlacquered, or polished brass—this metal makes a stylish statement.
- Custom storage solutions: Creative storage solutions are popular add-ons in kitchen design, with many home renovations now including specialty storage to complement the new cabinetry.
- Warm wood grains: Wood surfaces lend warmth and natural beauty to any space, and the material has taken a leading role in kitchens.
If you’ve got a home improvement project, count on Valley Design Center to do the best job for you. Our team of professionals offer a wide range of customizable services, handled with expertise and care. We take pride in working closely with our clients to ensure we not only meet — but exceed — their expectations. For more information and a free quote, give us a call today.
By Valley Design Center
October 21, 2020